What is the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal, administered by our Electronic Medical Record provider MEDENT, provides you with secure, online access to portions of your medical records, as well as an easy and convenient way to communicate with the practice through a secure internet connection. Think of it as an online account for your doctor's office – similar to online banking accounts – where the information you view pulls from your own personal medical record. With the patient portal you will be able to:
- Send and receive non-urgent messages, including test results and educational material
- Easily note changes to your personal information, including phone number, address and insurance changes
- Request a refill for a medication prescribed by a provider at the practice
- View upcoming and previous appointments
- View and/or print your current medications and allergies list
How do I sign up for the Patient Portal?
You will need access to a computer connected to the internet and an up-to-date browser such as Internet Explorer or Safari. You will also need an email address which will only be used to notify you when you have a new message in your portal account. It is treated with the same privacy and care as your health records. We recommend that you use an email address to which only you have access.
To activate your account, please contact your specific doctor’s office to receive your unique activation code. Once you have received the code, you can create your own username, password, and other login information used to verify your identity.
What are the benefits of the Patient Portal?
The Patient Portal helps you take a more active role in your health care. Having a patient portal account helps the practice:
- Create a more accurate record of your medical history
- Educate you on certain aspects of your health
- Provide a more efficient means of communication, eliminating sources of frustration such as phone tag
- Allow you to print or download portions of your chart to take with you to other providers participating in your care, thus reducing the amount of paperwork you may need to fill out
- Eliminate the amount of paper waste produced since documents, letters, and orders that might otherwise be mailed to you can be sent quickly and conveniently to your portal account
How is the Patient Portal secure?
We take great care to make sure your health information is kept private and secure. The Patient Portal uses HTTPS to provide encrypted communication between you and your doctor's office. Access to your portal account is controlled through secure access codes, personal IDs, and passwords. Only you will have access to the login information needed to view your account.